Spaghetti Bolognese alla Audrey
This is my all time favorite dish. To be honest, for the Bolognese sauce I usually do it by using the ready mix sauce from the bottle and just add some chopped garlic and onion, meat and cheese into it. However, I feel so challenged lately to cook my own sauce. So I Google it on some cooking site, then adapt it into my own taste and style. Turn out to be yummycious aka very yummy (proofed by my family that finished it in no time) 🙂
As its name, my Spaghetti Bolognese is using the Bolognese sauce. It is a meat-based sauce that originally came from Bologna, Italy that becomes so popular outside of Italy. The sauce can also be use if you cooking lasagna. For sure mine is not an authentic Bolognese sauce, so please feel free to modify according to your own taste.
- 500 gr. (1 pack) Spaghetti
- 450 gr. Ground Beef (you can also use ground pork if you like it)
- 5 pcs. Portabella Mushrooms – Medium size – sliced finely
- 7 pcs. Fresh tomatoes – Medium size – chopped
- 5 Cloves garlic – ground
- 1 Big Onion – chopped
- 200 gr. Tomatoes Paste
- 400 gr. Cheddar Cheese – sliced
- 100 gr. Mozzarella Cheese – sliced
- Grated / Shredded Parmesan Cheese
- Italian seasonings (I use McCormick Italian Seasonings, really love it!!)
- Tabasco sauce Original version, Salt, Black Pepper, Sugar – according to your own taste
- Red Wine (optional) – – according to your own taste
- Olive Oil
How to make:
- Heat olive oil in the large sauce pan over the medium temperature, then stir fry the onion, garlic, and bit of black pepper, Italian seasonings, and salt until it smell good.
- Put in the ground beef, cook it and mix it well until it half done.
- Put fresh tomatoes, stirring frequently, until the beef become nice and brown.
- Put the Portabella mushrooms, then the tomatoes paste, mix it well.
- Pour about a glass of water. Stirring patiently until the water reduced.
- Add Tabasco sauce, sugar, black pepper, and Italian seasonings according to your own taste.
- Add some of the cheese, mix it well.
- Add the red wine if you like it and mix it well.
- Then taste it, add more black pepper, salt, sugar, and Italian seasonings if you need it.
- Add more cheese and stirring well.
- Let it cooked thoroughly in the lower heat.
- While you waiting for your sauce, prepare the spaghetti according to the instruction that written in their packaging. Remember to add some salt and olive oil into the boiling water, so the spaghetti will nicely cook and not sticky. When the spaghetti is ready, drain and put it in the serving bowl.
- Serve by put the pasta on your plate then top it with the hearty sauce and sprinkle the parmesan cheese on top of the dish.
- This recipe should be enough to serve 6-10 persons.
I personally love the cheese, so I used it a lot. However, if you concern about your diet, you can adjust the amount of the cheese according to your own style and need.
I guess that you might notice that in the picture I feature here, you not find any parmesan cheese on top of the dish. It’s only because I ran out of the parmesan cheese stock when I cooked this 🙂